venerdì 10 giugno 2016

Thailand: DD hostel




When I arrived in DD Hostel I immediately thought: "ok, from here I'll need to take public transportation".

I like walking long distance but the hostel was too far away to get to the center on foot.

In that moment I learn that: Our first impression is always conditioned by our necessities.

My second necessity is a warm welcoming and I have immediately been satisfied!
My hosts were so kind and gentle, they show me all the hostel, explain me the amenities, help me to find the better (and cheaper) transportation to reach the center and so on.


The room had four beds (but I was the only guest for three nights) and air conditioning. I don't really like a/c but I really needed it during my travel in Asia because usually rooms had not windows.






It was nice sketching the family during the dinner. It is an intimate time. Instead of eat out, as many Thai do, they cooked at home traditional Thai dishes (specially fried food) eating together.

There are many similarities between Italians and Thai, specially they like food and they like talking about food.
  
DD Hostel is a "vintage" hostel located in Victory Monument Area.
Like Bed and Bike hostel, there are many vintage object. One I have loved to draw was the bicycle at the third floor!


 °-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°  Testo in Italiano °-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°


 Nonostante la sua lontananza dal centro, l'ostello DD mi ha regalato belle relazioni e la possibilità di sperimentare il disegno su parete.

Dopo aver visto i miei disegni il gestore mi ha proposto, se ne avevo voglia, di disegnare alcuni soggetti sul muro del secondo piano.
Il tema era piazza della Vittoria, un noiosissimo monumento che si trova lì vicino, le bellissime maschere Koan e il profilo del Buddha.

 Ho dormito in una stanza con quattro letti e aria condizionata. Per tre notti sono stata l'unica ospite e purtroppo ho dovuto accendere il condizionatore a causa dell'assenza di finestre.

Molti ostelli in Asia non hanno finestre nelle stanze ma se si è fortunati e c'è un buon impianto di ventilazione, la sofferenza non è troppa.

Una sera ho disegnato la famiglia mentre mangiava (molti tailandesi mangiano fuori perchè è più economico).

C'è una certa somiglianza tra italiani e tailandesi, una tra tutte il cibo. 

A tutti e due i popoli piace mangiare e parlare di cibo, anche durante i pasti.

Nessun commento: